New users need to download and fill out the User Registration Form and submit the form before/on the first appointment. This form is used for the billing information, therefore, periodically we may ask the users to update the form. A new form is needed when the grant is expired or changed.
Due to the fact that cell sorting generates aerosols and the cells are generally not fixed, the biohazard risks are greater than in analytic flow cytometry. Therefore, a Cell Sorting Biosafety Assessment Form has to be filled out prior to doing the sort. We are equipped with a BL2 biosafety cabinet to perform sorts on infectious samples, but the sorting or acquisition of potentially infectious samples must be discussed with Jessica Cervelli.
The PI/Requestor of the sort must have the appropriate biosafety approvals from the RU institutional Biosafety Committee (IBC). Material that will require IBC approval includes:
- Unfixed primary or established human/non-human primate cell lines, and/or;
- infected/transfected/transformed cell lines (regardless of origin), and/or;
- Bacteria, viruses, parasites, fungi
As a condition of renting our Kaluza Dongles, all users are required to sign a User Agreement Form that we will keep on file.
Spectral Viewers/ Fluorochrome Tables
- FluoroFinder to build a panel for multicolor immunofluorescence
- Instrument Fluorochrome Guide – Beckman Coulter
- Invitrogen Fluorescence SpectraViewers
- Science Gateway Fluorochromes Table
- Introduction to Flow Cytometry- Life Sciences
- Flow Cytometry- A Basic Introduction by Michael G. Ormerod
- Kaluza Analysis Software Tutorial – Beckman Coulter
- BD Biosciences Training & E-Learning – Introduction to Flow Cytometry
- Fluorescence Tutorials – Invitrogen
- Practical Flow Cytometry (4th edition)
- Kaluza Analysis Software
- Leica LAS AF Lite (version 2.3.0) software
- ModFit LT, Verity Software House
General Flow Cytometry
- International Society for Advancement of Cytometry (ISAC)
- Metroflow -The NY, NJ Flow Cytometry User Group